Appointment Booking Service
How To Apply For Driving License Online In India
Private Consultancy Service Provider
A driving license is a document provided by the government that confirms the holder’s eligibility to operate a motor vehicle. According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, it is illegal to Driving a vehicle on public roads without a valid driving license. For Apply Driving License Online, My Driving License have posted a step-by-step guide. We’ll also show you how to get a learner’s license and renew driving license.
Types Of Driving License
You can learn to drive any vehicle, but you can’t legally use it on the road unless you have a driving license. The following are the many types of licenses offered by the RTO in India.
1) Learner's License
As a temporary and limited vehicle license, the Learner’s Licence is provided by the appropriate state Regional Transport Office (RTO) and Regional Transportation Authority (RTO). To get a Learner’s permit, one must have a basic understanding of the road and must be aware of traffic rules. In India, a learner’s license is granted to an applicant who clears a written or online test that evaluates his understanding of traffic regulations.
2) Permanent License
The issue of a permanent driving license indicates that the RTO is confident with the candidate’s driving abilities. After getting a learner’s permit, anybody over 18 can apply for a permanent driving license. Generally, it is given in the form of a smartcard that contains biometric data of the person as well as the person’s name, age, and permanent address & image. In addition, it indicates the sort of vehicle that a person is permitted to drive.
3) Commercial Driving License
A commercial driver’s license is a document issued by the Indian government that certifies that the driver is qualified to operate commercial motor vehicles to transport goods & persons on public roads. Individuals who want to drive trucks, taxis, or buses on Indian roads must first obtain a commercial driving license. For this sort of license, a driver must pass a series of written and driving tests.
4) International Driving Permit
To drive a car or two-wheeler outside of India, you’ll need an International Driving License provided by the road transport authorities. IDLs can be obtained in as little as 4 to 5 days if you already have a valid driver’s license. Essentially, the International Driving Permit is just a translated version of your existing driving permit. It validates that you have a valid driver’s license and translates your papers into a language that authorities in other countries can understand.
Eligibility for a Driving license in India
The type of driving license and the vehicle class determine the eligibility for a driving license in India. The following are the eligibility requirements for several types of permanent driving licenses in India.
Motorcycles without gear (with a 50-cc capacity)
You must be at least 16 years old and have a parent or guardian agreement if you are under the age of 18.
Motorcycles with gear
The minimum age limit is 18 years old.
Commercial Heavy Vehicles and Transport Vehicles
The candidate must have finished the eighth grade and should have 1 year of experience in driving a light motor vehicle. If you’re under 18, you can’t apply! (in some states, the minimum age limit is 20 years).
The candidate must be familiar with traffic laws and regulations. The candidate must provide valid proof of age and address.
A learner’s license is required before a driver’s license may be obtained.
The candidate can get a driver’s license after 30 days or within 180 days of receiving the learner’s license.
Documents Required for Driving License
The documents that must be provided must be genuine and proper to avoid delays in the application procedure. The following documents are necessary for obtaining a driver’s license:
Age Proof (Any of the documents listed below)
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
- 10th Class mark sheet
- Transfer certificate from any school for any class with a date of birth printed on it.
Address Proof (Any of the documents listed below):
- Aadhaar Card
- Self-owned house agreement
- Electricity bill (issued in applicants name)
- LIC bond
- Voters ID Card
- Ration card
Other Requirements for Driving License:
- Filled application form
- 6 passport-sized photos (when applying for a Learner’s License)
- 1 passport-sized photo (when applying for a driving license)
- The rental agreement and a recent utility bill copy, such as a gas or electric bill, might be used to verify your current residence while you’re staying in another city.
- Forms 1A and 1 are medical certificates that a government-certified doctor must issue.
- A medical certificate is required for all candidates above the age of 40
Documents Required for Driving license renewal
- Application form No. 9
- Proof of age
- Proof of address
- No objection certificate (If you are shifting to another state within India, you need to get a NOC from the RTO that initially issued your driving license)
- Application Form No.2.
- Old Driving Licence.
- Form No.1 (Self-declaration as to the physical fitness for Non-Transport Vehicles).
- Form No. 1A (Medical Certificate for Transport Vehicles only).
- Fees as prescribed, along with user charges
Why Should You Apply Driving License Online?
How to apply for Driving License Online?
Candidates who want to apply for Learner’s License Online need not face the long queues at the RTO (Regional Transport Office) anymore. They can fill out the form and submit their DL application online. Among the introduction of the online Learning License application, candidates can fill the form and submit it and book their driving test appointment. This entire process to get DL online can be done from their home. Thus, one can also apply driving licence online.
Anyone with a learner’s permit can apply for a driver’s license online 30 days after receiving their permit. He or she must apply for a permanent licence online within six months (180 days) of receiving their LL. Everyone with a valid driving license from the Regional Transport Office (RTO) is permitted to operate a motor vehicle in any public location. Depending on the type of vehicle specified on the driver’s license, this individual is permitted to operate the vehicle.
Steps for apply Driving License Online
Step 1: Fill Online Application Form & Make Payment.
Step 2: The Executive will Process the Form and Call in case of Any Requirements.
Step 3: The Executive will Schedule a Date for an Appointment & Submit the form.
Step 4: Visit the RTO with Original Documents.
Step 5: Attend Bio-metrics Documents Verification And online Test.
Step 6: Get Learning License.
Step 7: Get a Call in the Next 30 Days for a Permanent License.
Step 8: The Executive will Process the Form and Call in Case of Any Requirements.
Step 9: The Executive will book a Practical Test & Submit the Form Date.
Step 10: Visit the RTO with the Required Original documents and provided form.
Step 11: Attend the Practical Test.
Step 12: Get License Via Post.
Want A Driving License?
Fill Simple Form To Apply Driving License Online!
Validity of A Driving License
Any driving license that does not last for up to 19 to 20 years is not a genuine driving license. If you receive a driving license with a short duration or expiry date, return it immediately and request a valid and original copy. Without a valid driving license, your car would be held in custody, and you would be fined for using an invalid driving license.
Here is how to know if your driver’s license is valid and original. The permanent driving license you should receive from the online provider must have a validity of 20 years, beginning from the issue. It can also be measured until the license holder reaches up to 50 years of age.
For this reason, a driving license for a private or commercial car must be renewed and updated after every 3 years.
What is the Test Procedure to get Driving License?
Test Procedure for LL in India
- To get a Learner’s License, all candidates must pass either an online exam or a computer test at RTO, which tests their understanding of traffic regulations and safety signals. As you clear the LL test, you will get your learning license.
RTO test questions are in the form of multiple-choice questions. You must properly answer 9 out of 15 driving license test questions to pass the driver’s license exam. You will get 30 seconds to answer each question.
Test Procedure to apply for a permanent driving license in India
- After 30 days of the date of issue of the Learners license, you can apply for a permanent Driving license. To get your permanent driving permit, you have to apply for it within 180 days of receiving your Learners permit.
- It is required that you arrive at least an hour early to take the driving license exam. You must take a test at the approved track alongside the Motor Vehicle Inspector (VMI).
- Each state has its own set of test tracks and processes. You will usually be required to drive a two-wheeler on a path that is shaped like the number 8. In addition, the Motor Vehicle Inspector will examine to see if you are utilizing indicators and necessary hand signals while driving. To do this, you’ll need to draw the number 8 in your vehicle without touching the ground with your legs.
- Driver’s license inspectors will ask you to ride a four-wheeler on a track and record your skills. If required, use the appropriate hand signals, turn on the indicator, and apply the brakes as needed. You should also drive smoothly and keep an eye on your surroundings by using side and rearview mirrors.
Consider the following before taking the DL test:
For the Driver’s Licence Test, you will have to meet the following criteria:
- Ensure that you have a valid learner’s permit, application paperwork, and other essential papers.
- You’ll receive a test slot booking slip as well as a new test slot if you book online or at an RTA office.
- Many people take the test with the help of a third-party agent. They worry that taking the test on their own may decrease their chances of passing. This is a false statement.
- Insufficient self-confidence and insufficient abilities are the major reasons why many individuals fail the test. A thorough understanding of signals, indications, and rules is also required of applicants.
- During the test, avoid stopping the car. Trying to stall the car indicates that you are not entirely confident in your driving abilities.
What to do and what to avoid when taking the DL test?
- You must arrive at least one hour before your scheduled time slot.
- You must arrive with the vehicle class that you intend to take the exam.
- The test must be taken in front of a Motor Vehicle Examiner.
- Four-wheeler drivers should always use seatbelts. When riding a two-wheeler, always wear a helmet.
- Only take the exam when you are confident in your ability to drive on the road.
How to renew driving license?
Once a driver’s licence is obtained, it must be renewed when it expires. A driver’s license is valid for 20 years or until the applicant reaches the age of 50, whichever comes first. When the DL expires, the vehicle owner must renew it by filling out a renewal application.
A renewal driving license application must be submitted no later than one month before the license’s expiration date. If a Renewal Driving License application is late for more than five years after the license’s expiration date, the applicant must go through all the formalities to obtain a new licence.
If the renewal application is submitted prior to or within 30 days of the license’s expiry date, the renewal will take effect from the date of expiry. If the application is made more than 30 days after the licence expiry date, the renewal will take effect from the date the proper application is received.
Simple Steps to follow for Renewal of Driving License:
Step 1: Fill Online Application Form With Renewal License Option.
Step 2: Upload the Necessary Documents for Verification.
Step 3: Make a Required Payment.
Step 4: The Executive will Process the Form and Call in Case of Any Requirements.
Step 5: Upon Successful Verification, The New Driving Licence will be Delivered to You Shortly.
Have questions regarding applying for a driver’s license online, including services such as apply DL, apply LL, and apply for renew driving licence? Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) might help you get to the bottom of your doubts.
Yes, you may reapply for a driver's license if you fail the driving exam. After seven days, you can retake the test.
The Learner's Permit is valid for six months from the date of issue. You should apply for a permanent licence within 30 days of receiving your learner's permit, but no later than six months.
Applicants under the age of 50 seeking a non-transport licence do not need a medical certificate. If you're older than fifty years old, you'll need to provide a medical certificate. Additionally, candidates for a Transport vehicle licence, regardless of age, are required to submit the medical certification.
The following are the documents needed for a Learner's Permit:
- Form No. 1
- Form No.2 (grant/renewal license with attached candidate's picture and signature)
- Proof of address
- Proof of age
- Passport-size photos
- A non-transport vehicle driver's licence is valid for 20 years from the date of issuance or until the license holder reaches the age of 50, whichever comes first; after that, the licence is renewed for another 5 years.
- A licence to operate a transport vehicle must be valid for three years from the date of issuing.
- Permits to operate a transport vehicle transporting dangerous items are valid for a period of one year.
Our Happy Clients!
Thank you to mydrivinglicense India Driving School, who assisted me in learning how to drive. I now feel confident that I will soon be at ease on the roads with practice.
They teach car driving so great with all the basic guidelines. After the finish of the course, now I’m confident in my driving skills. I literally had the most enjoyable experience of learning car.
I had the best experience with mydrivinglicense India driving school. Now, I can drive proudly.