How to apply for Driving License Online in Delhi?
Private Consultancy Service Provider
When driving on Delhi’s roads, drivers must always have their Driving license with them. People in Delhi have historically had to travel to RTO offices with the appropriate documentation to apply for a driving license. It is now easier to process because it may be done both online and offline. Because of technological advancements, online driver’s license applications are now available in several Indian states, including Delhi, to make the procedure more convenient and hassle-free. My Driving License has put up a step-by-step guide on how to apply for driving license online in Delhi.
Types of Driving Licence in Delhi
For Indian drivers, this is the entry-level driving/riding permit. The validity of this type of driving license is six months. It’s possible to apply for your permanent driving license 30 days after receiving your learner’s license. If you want to acquire your permanent license, you need to get your learner’s permit first.
Permanent driving license for private
In India, this is the second type of driver’s license. Anyone over the age of 18 who has been given a learner’s license can apply for a permanent driving permit. They are usually issued in the form of a smartcard, which contains biometric information about the individual. As well as a photograph, the card includes the individual’s name, age, and permanent residence. It also clearly identifies the type of vehicle that a person is allowed to drive.
Commercial Driving license
Those who hold this type of license are allowed to operate heavy vehicles/ commercial vehicles used to transport people or cargo. The minimal requirements for applying for a commercial driving license are a little different. In this case, the candidate must have passed the eighth-grade examination. As commercial vehicle drivers are responsible for their own and many other’s safety, it is essential to meet many more different requirements to get this driving license.
International Driving Permit
When a person applies for an international driving license, it means that he or she will be able to rent and drive any car in a foreign country. In any case, it may only be given if you have a permanent driving license already in hand. As opposed to a driver’s license, the IDP is only valid for one year. And then you’d have to renew when your current one expires.
What are the different categories of driver's licenses and vehicle classes in Delhi?
In India, there are seven distinct categories of licenses for various vehicle types. These are the following:
- MC 50cc: This indicates the vehicle’s engine capacity is 50cc or less.
- LMV-NT: This category covers Light motor vehicles that are non-commercial.
- FVG: This category involves without gear vehicles like scooters and mopeds.
- MC EX50cc: This category involves Motorcycles with gears and engine capacities of more than 50cc.
- MCWG: In this category includes vehicles such as motorcycles, both with and without gear.
- HGMV: All types of heavy goods motor vehicles (HGMV) are included in this category.
- HPMY: In the HPMV category are commercial vehicles that have an All India Permit to transport passengers.
Eligibility Criteria to Get Online Driving License in Delhi
Motorcycles with gear
The applicant must be at least eighteen (18) years old while applying for dl online.
To get a learner’s licence in Delhi, he should be familiar with traffic laws and regulations and possess proper identification and evidence of residence.
Motorcycles without gear (up to 50CC)
The candidate must be at least 16 years old and have his or her guardian’s or parents’ permission to apply for DL online in Delhi.
He must be familiar with traffic laws and regulations, as well as have proper identification and proof of residency.
Heavy commercial vehicles
The candidate must have completed the eighth standard to be considered.
The candidate must be at least 18 years old (In some states, the minimum age for this vehicle type is 20 years).
The candidate must have received his or her education from a government or state-affiliated training school.
How to apply for learning license online in Delhi
Driving a vehicle is the warmest enjoyment ever can happen to anyone above 18. But before driving any vehicle in Delhi, you must have a learning license. You are living in Delhi for the longest time and have been looking for how to apply for learning license online in Delhi, we will guide you completely about it.
You should always have a trainer with you when driving a motor vehicle and a learner permit. LL may be obtained by applying at one of Delhi’s RTOs closest to your home. In Delhi, there are many RTOs. The following are the RTO Delhi requirements for obtaining a LL:
- A 50cc motorbike license requires 16 years of age, and geared bikes require 18 years.
- A statement signed by the parent or guardian is necessary for Delhi.
- To obtain a license to operate a bus, taxi, or other vehicles, the applicant must be at least 20 years old.
- A CMV-Form 1A must be completed and signed by a licensed physician.
- To operate a light motor vehicle, you must have at least one year of driving experience (LMV)
Procedure to Get Online Learning Licence in Delhi
Fill the online application for driving license and submit scanned copies of all needed papers. After the applicant’s documents have been validated and the applicant’s documentation has been confirmed, the learner test will be held. Color blindness and limb mobility are also evaluated before the learner exam. Those who pass an online multiple-choice test with a 60% accuracy rate are regarded as successful.
An online question bank for the learner’s exam, such as road signs and traffic laws and regulations for the learning licence, is available on the Department of Motor Vehicles’ website.
The applicant gets their learner’s permit on the same day. The Delhi Learning Licence is valid for six months from the date of issue.
The documents would be checked and returned, and an online exam would be conducted to test the applicant’s knowledge of traffic rules and regulations. If the exam is passed, the LLR (Learning License Registration) will be issued. The learner’s permit is only valid for six months, after which the permanent permit must be obtained.
Documents required for learning license In Delhi
- Form 2 is an application for a license with the Delhi RTO.
- The medical certificate (Form 1A)
- Form 1: Physical Fitness Self-Declaration
- The fees
- 3 passport-size photos
- Aadhar card, CGHS card, voter’s ID, LIC insurance, or other proof of address.
- Proof of age, such as a degree, birth certificate, voter’s ID, etc.
How to get online Permanent Driving licence in Delhi?
The following step by step procedure for how to apply for driving license online in Delhi
Step 1: Fill out the application form carefully and accurately, and then get an application number.
Step 2: After completing the form, click the “Submit” button and a pop-up window will appear indicating, “Your request has been successfully stored.”
Step 3: Before submitting the form, be sure to note the application number.
Step 4: An RTO operation test slot must be selected once the request form has been submitted. “DL test schedule” may be seen by clicking the link.
Step 5: To choose the priority date for the operation test, select Slot Reserve DL. When you apply for a job, you must submit your application number and date of birth.
Step 6: Once you’ve been chosen, you must notify the RTO of the correct day and time.
Required Documents for Driving License in Delhi
The required documents for driving license in Delhi are as follow:
- Age verification may produce one of the following documents: Aadhar card, voter ID, passport, utility bills, house rent agreement, house agreement, etc.
- Address proof, such as a PAN card, birth certificate, school leaving certificate, or SSC marksheet.
- 3 passport-sized photos
- Form 4 is the application for a driver’s license at the Delhi RTO.
- The application fees
- If you’re applying for a commercial Driving license, you’ll need a driver training certificate.
What is the Test Procedure to get a Driving Licence?
To get a driver’s license in Delhi, you must pass a test that assesses your driving abilities as well as your understanding of traffic laws and regulations.
- A candidate for a permanent driving license can be made after 30 days following the issuing of your LL. The application must be filed within 180 days after the 30 days of the learner’s license is over.
- The test will take place in the presence of a Motor Vehicle Inspector.
- As part of your driving exam, you may be required to complete a “Forward 8-shaped track test”, “Parallel Parking Test”, or “Reverse-S Test” or “Drive backwards on S-shaped track”.
- If you’re taking a two-wheeler exam, make sure your feet don’t hit the ground, and if you’re taking a vehicle test, utilise rear-view mirrors, use correct hand signals, and transfer gears smoothly.
- You will also be required to take a written exam in which you will be given questions about traffic rules and regulations.
- The written test will be done online if you apply for a driver’s license online.
Tips for Clearing Your Driving Test:
- Before taking the driving exam, make sure you have enough practice.
- Don’t be uneasy during the exam.
- Arrive at the testing site a little early to prevent any last-minute difficulties.
- Shift gears smoothly, brake gently and turn smoothly.
- Only turn off the ignition once the car has come to a complete stop.
- Indicators should be used while changing lanes.
How to Renew Driving Licence Online in Delhi?
It is valid for a period of 20 years or until the age of 50, whichever comes first. A grace period of 30 days is given for the renewal of permanent driving license in Delhi. The local district office is the place to go for renewing a Driver’s license. If you want to know how to renew driving licence online in Delhi, for that process is the same as of online driving License:
Documents required for driving licence renewal online in Delhi
- Form 9 (application)
- 2 passport-size photos, duplicates
- Original Driving license
- Age and address proof documents that have been self-attested
- The fee of the application
- If the applicant is over the age of 40, they must provide form 1A, which is a medical certificate.
- For transport vehicles, a certificate of renewal in driving is required.
- For all types of commercial vehicles, a short-term refresher course is available.
Have questions regarding applying for a driver’s license online, including services such as apply DL, apply LL, and apply for renew driving licence? Frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) might help you get to the bottom of your doubts.
The status of a driving license in Delhi can be verified online at the official website, or you can go to the RTO and enquire about it.
In addition to your driving abilities, you will be tested on your knowledge of road signs and traffic rules. You may prepare for a driving license exam by practicing the skill and reviewing traffic regulations.
A learning license issued in Delhi is valid for six months.
A private vehicle driving license is valid for 20 years, whereas a commercial vehicle driving license must be renewed every three years in Delhi.
Yes, In Delhi, a smart card DL is available.
You will be charged an extra fee every year for late renewal, and if you do not renew the DL within 5 years, it will expire.
No, it is not required in the case of private or non-commercial cars.
Our Happy Clients!
Thank you to mydrivinglicense India Driving School, who assisted me in learning how to drive. I now feel confident that I will soon be at ease on the roads with practice.
They teach car driving so great with all the basic guidelines. After the finish of the course, now I’m confident in my driving skills. I literally had the most enjoyable experience of learning car.
I had the best experience with mydrivinglicense India driving school. Now, I can drive proudly.